Safety Magement System
The question wasn't do you have a Safety Management System, but do you understand what an SMS is?
A SMS is defined as the development of operations of the ship. It is the ideas and concepts about your company that everyone involved can follow and agree with.
What you might want in your Safety Management System:
- Heavy Weather Policy
- Aloft Policies
- What to do in Case of an Injury
- Your Program's Mission Statements
- Crew Requirements
- When your Vessel may get Inspected
- Station Bill and Station Bill follow up
- Company's Organization Tree and Contacts
- Designated Person Ashore